Our social purpose is to offer Adventurous Outdoor Experiences to members of East Lothian's community who may not normally get the chance to access such activity. This includes children with additional support needs, who are not able to access mainstream activity.
The aims of this programme are as follows:
• Enable access to adventurous activities by removing barriers to participation
• Engage, inspire and empower children and families through developing relationships, widening their view on what is possible and building confidence and competence
• Providing a socially inclusive setting, whereby children can mix with peers, siblings and adults
• Opportunities to raise self-confidence, self-esteem and resilience through facing challenges and new experiences in a variety of settings
• Create an environment where families can connect, share experiences and build networks
This programme is being delivered in partnership with East Lothian Council Outdoor Learning Service and is heavily reliant on the availability of our fantastic team of volunteers.
The following activity dates are available:
Multi Activity Session Dates:
Sunday 20th October
Thursday 24th October (Evening 6.30pm to 8pm)
Saturday 2nd November
Sunday 24th November
Sunday 8th December
Multi Activity Sessions will mainly take place at Musselburgh Lagoons, Levenhall Links or Yellowcraig nr North Berwick. There will be 2 sessions on each day: 10am till 12.30pm and 1.00pm till 3.30pm. Activities will include Paddling, Cycling, Orienteering with new activities being added throughout the programme. Other standalone activities will be advertised separately. These activities are for the whole family - we can allocate space for 2 extra siblings per family. Activities are free of charge and places are limited.
In order to take part in any of the activities you must first register using the form below:
It is our aim to make this provision a sustainable programme that will eventually run all year round. Parental support and involvement in design of this programme is invaluable as it ensures that it is fit for purpose. A collaborative approach between Venturing Out and parents is also key for seeking funding for suitable and adaptive equipment.
If you are a parent of a child with additional needs, living in East Lothian and would like to get involved please let us know.
Parents are also welcome to join our Volunteer team to support the delivery of the sessions. Full training is given and it offers an excellent opportunity to gain some outdoor qualifications.
Get Connected East Lothian